Supporting the EU Delegation to Morocco in identifying financial inclusion actions
At the end of 2016, a co-operative programme between the European Union (EU) and Morocco was established entitled Competitiveness and Green Growth. The programme was established to augment existing European support for SMEs and employment by additionally supporting reforms promoting private sector development and green growth.
In this context, the EU Delegation in Morocco contracted IPC to facilitate the design and development of an EU financial sector support programme with the goal of expanding overall financial inclusion in Morocco.
In order to do this, IPC’s experts:
- analysing financial inclusion in Morocco in light of international benchmarks
- assessing the potential for additional EU Delegation support in the context of other donor/partner support activities aimed at supporting financial inclusion
- attending or initiating meetings with key stakeholders in the sector to identify their needs and to advise the EU Delegation on opportunities for additional impact
- advising the EU Delegation on the design of new financial sector programmes and drafting a detailed document reflecting the pre-negotiations started with the operators in the sector and in particular with the Moroccan government
- providing critical analysis and advice to the EU Delegation, on an ad hoc basis, on the programme validation process