Energy efficiency and renewable energy lending
The Green Climate Partnership Fund (GCPF) commissioned IPC to assist Banco Promerica Dominican Republic to develop internal structures and capacities for the launch of EE/RE loans for business (SME/Corporate) and private clients, funded by a USD 9 million credit line from the GCPF.
an IPC team led the design, development and implementation of a green finance approach together with a working team from the bank and regular involvement of the bank’s senior management.
Key tasks included:
- conducting a market study to identify the EE/RE measures with the highest impact and market potential for private households and SMEs
- designing a business EE/RE credit line to finance eligible EE/RE projects: adjusting procedures, analysis tools and reporting and ensuring
competitive terms and pricing
- conducting intensive training sessions and coaching for lending and middle management staff
- developing a sales and marketing strategy, materials and establishing a supplier-bank relationship network
- developing a pipeline of EE/RE loans